About Our Law Firm
A message from Candi Peeples, divorce attorney and family lawyer:
If you are facing a divorce or any other major changes in your family, you are likely preoccupied with the immediate problems at hand. You may be thinking “once this ordeal is over, then the longer-term issues can sort themselves out.”
Because you are under pressure to get a problem solved, you need an attorney who can also take long-term view of your future. From the time I began my career as an attorney, I have concentrated my practice on family law and the importance of dealing with not only the immediate issues facing my clients, but also to forsee and prepare for those that can be expected in the next phase of my clients’ lives.
Why am I a family law attorney?
- It’s an area of law where I can directly make a positive difference in the lives of individuals and families.
- While I know I cannot, and sometimes should not, stop the divorce process, I believe I can still have a huge impact on the effect of the process. I respect the institution of marriage so much that I believe sometimes divorce may be the only answer.
- At a time when clients may be overwhelmed by the events of the present, I can help them make level-headed, forward-thinking decisions as they plan for their futures.
- With extensive experience in high net-worth divorces and separations, I can guide my clients in structuring the financial aspects of divorce, including extremely complex asset division issues.
- I work with clients to determine what would be best for their children in terms of custody, parenting time, and planning for the future.
- I do not believe that the “scorched earth” approach works in favor of anyone in a divorce.
In a one-hour consultation, what can you and I accomplish?
- I can listen and learn about the specific details of your case.
- We can get to know each other and decide whether our professional relationship is a “fit” or not. I believe that the relationship you have with your family law attorney is extremely personal by nature so the “fit” between the two of us is extremely important.
- You can learn how various laws affect your unique situation, and what to expect in a divorce.
- I can quote you a fee based on the issues (I charge an hourly rate, so you don’t pay me unless I’m working for you).
- You can decide if I am the right lawyer for you as you go through a difficult process.
Let’s talk about you and your unique case.
Just as no two families are alike, no two divorces are alike. I see each and every client as a unique individual dealing with a unique set of circumstances. I listen carefully, and I bring a wealth of experience to each case. Call my office at 205-403-5577 or send an email to set up an appointment with me. To make the most of our appointment, print out and complete this intake form before coming in.
I look forward to meeting you, working with you, and helping you plan for your future.
Birmingham family law attorney
Serving clients in the areas of divorce, division of marital assets, child custody and support, adoption, grandparent rights, juvenile law, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Contact our Shelby County AL divorce attorneys for an initial consultation.