Filing For Divorce In Alabama
The decisions you make during a divorce will have an effect on the next phase of your life – life after divorce. Make sure you have a lawyer who helps you make those decisions calmly and thoughtfully, and one familiar with divorce law in Alabama.
- Uncontested divorce: When you and your spouse agree about property division and other issues, an uncontested divorce can cost less in time and money.
- Property division: In Alabama, the standard is an equitable division of property.
- High-asset divorce: When a family business and substantial assets are involved, you need a lawyer with experience in high-asset property division and divorce laws, Birmingham AL.
- Alimony: The court will consider a number of factors when determining spousal maintenance.
- Legal separation: For some couple, legal separation may be the right choice, but that still requires a division of property.
- Mediation: Mediation can give both parties an opportunity to openly discuss issues with complete confidentiality from the mediator.
- Appeals: When divorce orders are inaccurate, an appeal must be filed within 45 days.
Attorney Candi Peeples’ experience includes high-asset divorces with complex financial issues, which has earned her a reputation in both Birmingham and nationally. She is also experienced and knowledgeable in Alabama Divorce Law. Call 205-403-5577 or contact us by email for an appointment.